1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

♪ What are you listening to? ♪

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JimmyEcho, Aug 4, 2017.

1. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

so i'm a big fan of music, you might know - you might not.
    i'm always interested in finding out what people are in to and what new music is coming out.
    i'd love for people to use this thread to share what records or bands or whoever they are currently listening to, their favourite artists of all time or what new music they are enjoying this week.
    maybe you went to gig recently and had an interesting story about it?
    it's mostly for my benefit but maybe someone else with a passion for music will get a kick out of it as well.

2. JimmyEcho

the new Enter Shikari track has had mixed reception through the fan base from what I can see but I love this new one.
    a lot more pop with heavier influence on electronics than their rock sound this time.
    they are one of my favourite bands so I might be a tad biased but what of it.
    have a listen, what you think?

Blu Cry likes this.
  3. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a catchy tune. Video is mental but like the message

JimmyEcho likes this.
  4. Blu Cry

I'm a fan of some crazy genres of music. I love drum and bass from my raving days. Old skool dance music in general is something I often listen too.
    I'm a big Blink 182 fan but not really diggin the newer stuff as much. Latest album isn't bad but nothing beats the stuff they made when money wasn't a factor.
    My favourite artist has to be Weird Al. His ability over the 40 years he's been doing his parodies, to keep up with the modern music the way he has is amazing.
    Here is my favourite Weird Al song.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  5. JimmyEcho

hey never heard this one before. White & Nerdy was always my favourite in high school.
    love a good star wars parody though.
    I love a lot of jump up dnb and some harder dubstep.
    As for blink, that's a story for another post... lots to talk about haha

Blu Cry likes this.
  6. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

It is 6:30Am so I was listening to Reveille.

JimmyEcho and Blu Cry like this.
  7. Blu Cry

ATTENTION! GET TO WORK YOU MAGGOTS!

JimmyEcho and TriOpticon like this.
  8. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

I prefer stuff like The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd. Most kids these days like rap, but I'm not a fan of it.

JimmyEcho, Fintendo and Blu Cry like this.
  9. Blu Cry

I don't like modern rap but give me some Dre, Snoop, tupac, eminem etc.. and I can't get enough of it. I use to DJ a bit and remixing hip-hop to drum and bass was so easy and fun.

BD82 likes this.
  10. JimmyEcho

Some mellow af acoustic punk, real downer if you're in a good mood right now, but still.
    Been on repeat for a while in the UK rain, one of my favourite bands to come out of america.

Blu Cry likes this.
  11. JimmyEcho

couldn't stop listening to this in a drunken haze last night.
    the little sweedish punks

12. JimmyEcho

new tune from The Front Bottoms, some low and sweet tones for a friday

13. ryancraddock

ryancraddock Contributor Staff Member

Loving the appreciation for blink-182 and The Wonder Years up above.
    I love pop-punk myself, particularly the way that it has evolved recently. Most people I talk to don't know who any of these are, but my favourite bands currently are Neck Deep, Seaway, As It Is as well as others. :)

JimmyEcho likes this.
  14. JimmyEcho

watched Neck Deep live some time ago, never been a fan... Seaway on the other hand, yes! they on a UK tour soon I think? maybe I missed it.

15. ryancraddock

ryancraddock Contributor Staff Member

Ahh, that's a shame. But yes! I believe they are touring around January time as I have a friend who's going. Saw them at Slam Dunk festival over the summer and they were great :)

16. JimmyEcho

yea think Broadside are supporting them as well, if you've not heard those boy they'll be well up your alley! Coffee Talk + Storyteller are the bee knees tracks

ryancraddock likes this.
  17. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

Been listening to a lot of Billy Joel lately. Planning to see him in MSG sometime soon.

Fintendo and JimmyEcho like this.
  18. JimmyEcho

yes! Piano Man is the one

BD82 and Fintendo like this.
  19. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

Piano Man is one of my favorite songs of all time!

JimmyEcho likes this.
  20. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

I'll just leave this here.
    What I've recently listened to: