1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

'allo All.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lythene, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Lythene

Lythene New Member

Hello everyone - figured I'd introduce myself. I'm not a Nintendo fan by any means - my loyalties lie with software rather than hardware - but the Switch has me... watching. I'm pretty cynical about the whole thing, for a myriad of reasons, but I do think they have the potential to turn it into something I'd very much like to see.

I play a fair few genres, though perhaps less than most people. I focus on RPGs, of almost all kinds, though I have bizarre taste I think. I also really enjoy 2D action/platformers, Metroidvanias and Vanillaware's work. I absolutely adore hand-drawn or similarly styled graphics. I'll play Strategy games, the occasional Visual Novel, indies or action games from time to time too. You'll never catch my playing a shooter, or anything set in space though. I'm weird like that.

Outside of games I'm a big fan of animation, and I'm developing a taste for artsy movies - animated or otherwise.

I tend to have unpopular opinions and a weird point of view, but I always remain civil. I suspect this may sound familiar to some from The Vita Lounge, though I didn't use the same name.

Will the Switch win me over? Will my suspicions be confirmed and turn me off the whole thing? Let's find out! Looking forward to finding out either way.

Pixel, Murphy and Kyle like this.
  2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

Welcome aboard. I think most of us are somewhat sceptical, but very intrigued.

Unpopular opinions are totally fine, we don't all think alike. As long as people can respect others views, it's all gravy.

And I know who you are from TVL. :p Are you going to let on or were you planning on seeing who can work it out?

Kyle likes this.
  3. Lythene

Lythene New Member

I thought I was being subtle! I didn't mention my crippling Fire Emblem addiction or my appreciation of any very particular, obscure studios anywhere on this forum yet. My name certainly has no ties to any online service that can be turned into a graphic for a forum signature... what could have outed me?

But nah, if I keep the mystery (which no one will care enough to solve) alive for a while, that gives me just a little bit longer before people realise they're better off ignoring me entirely.

Kyle likes this.
  4. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

Well I'm not sure what method Paul used, but I checked your IP. haha.

Murphy likes this.
  5. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

Pretty much :p