1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Topic Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020)

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by Georgina Howlett, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

Hey everyone! The upcoming Animal Crossing game for the Switch is perhaps my most anticipated and desired game for the console. Anyone else really excited for it? What are your expectations?

2. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I'm not much of an AC player, but I know it's gonna be awesome, a must play!!

3. Georgina Howlett

I agree! Can't wait to see what they do with the AC formula, following the success of the New Leaf update and Pocket Camp as a mobile title. There's so much that they could do, but I've got zero clue what I'd actually want beyond more mission-based quests, some new villagers to meet and host, and some new attractions to visit...

4. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Speaking of New Leaf, I miss my Nintendo 2DS XL - AC: New Leaf edition...I wish I had never sold it :(

Georgina Howlett likes this.
  5. Georgina Howlett

No way, you sold that?! Was that the one with the gorgeous green lid and AC logo on? I've loved the look of that since it was announced, but I already have two 3DS models and getting a third would be silly. I considered swapping one out but my New 3DS XL is nice, so I'll make do. :p

6. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Yeah, it was that one alright. I think I'll re-buy it one of these days.

7. Georgina Howlett

I think if you miss it, it would be worth it. Finding one may be hard though...

8. SONY

SONY Senior Member

There are still heaps left in Australia :)

9. Georgina Howlett

Australia and the USA always get the best versions... that galaxy-themed New 3DS XL was gorgeous, but that was only in the US...

10. SONY

SONY Senior Member

USA is no. 1
    They're very lucky :)

11. salv-ice

salv-ice Well-Known Member

Never played an Animal Crossing game. When they released it for the 3DS I watched some gameplay on Youtube to see what was all the hype about and... I guess I'm too old now :p

12. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I first played AC on Nintendo 64, all the way back in 2001 when I stayed in Japan for a couple of months. Good times :)

13. Georgina Howlett

You are never too old to give Animal Crossing a try! It's the perfect game for all ages. Seriously.

Fintendo and SONY like this.
  14. SONY

SONY Senior Member

^ Agreed~

Just like the HM series, never too old for it :)

15. salv-ice

From what I understood, time passes when you don't play the game and you have to play the game everyday.

That's too much dedication for me... Family comes first ;)

@SONY Actually I really like the farming games, especially Stardew Valley ! It's a very relaxing type of game.

SONY likes this.
  16. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Yeah, it's pretty strict with the real life time stuff.
    I'm yet to pay Stardew, will get around to it this year sometime :)

17. Georgina Howlett

It's true that it's a real-time game, but there's no pressure or requirement to play every day, unless you're after certain achievements / items (from what I remember, some things require you to do something daily to trigger the in-game cutscenes, etc).

It's a super chill game, and one that you can pick up and put down whenever you like. The only consequence is getting bed hair if you're away a while! :p

18. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Lol, be hair :D

19. salv-ice

My backlog is so big right now... I guess I'll add another game then ^^

SONY likes this.
  20. SONY

SONY Senior Member

What's a backlog!?? Oh! That's right, it means buy another game :D