1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

DOOM and Wolfenstein 2

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by JoSoap, Sep 16, 2017.

1. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

What's your thoughts on these 2 big 3rd party ports? Anyone gonna double dip? I have Wolfenstein pre ordered on PC but I might be tempted to get DOOM depending on the price.

2. Clarkysnap

Clarkysnap Member

I only got round to playing The new order recently, so I'm happy to wait for the switch release of the new colossus.

3. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I say I'm getting it for PC but who knows, I might be an idiot and double dip

4. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

Gonna get both on switch! i’m hyped!

Jawessome likes this.
  5. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

dunno about day 1 but 100% i'll acquire them both at some point

6. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Just read there that the DOOM multiplayer component needs to be downloaded separately. Hope it's not too big. If I had to buy another SD card that extra expense could be a deal breaker

7. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

I'll be picking up Wolfenstein 2, but probably not Doom

warrior30 and JoSoap like this.
  8. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

I'll be getting Doom

JoSoap likes this.
  9. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

On board for both considering they are technically sound. The ID Tech6 engine seems to perform well on Switch so I would say the deal is sealed!

warrior30, JimmyEcho and JoSoap like this.
  10. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

I won't be picking up Doom since I played it on PC but Wolfenstein 2 is on the radar. Awesome to see Bethesda taking the initiative to bring some big name titles too it. I hope they are successful and other developers follow suit.

warrior30 and Jawessome like this.
  11. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

DOOM in less than a month. I am SO excited. 30fps is a good benchmark in both modes.

12. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Wolfenstein fan, considering I'm still playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. So I'll be picking that up.

warrior30 likes this.
  13. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

Oh yeah... I’m buying both games for sure! :D

Jawessome, warrior30 and Fintendo like this.
  14. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

hey havent seen you around here in ages Renegade, did you keep your Switch? for some reason I thought you sold it or was going to or something lol

15. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

Sold off my Switch months back! Just recently picked up another hybrid and came back to join in on the fun again! ;)

JohnSReid likes this.
  16. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

Both are on my Christmas list. What a line-up Switch has given us this year.

Renegade Bastard and Jawessome like this.
  17. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Was about to get a cheap ps4 copy of Doom, but now i will wait.

Never played a wolfenstein game before. Is it a FPS set in WW2?

18. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

It's an FPS set in an alternate timeline where the Nazis won the war. I'd strongly recommend playing Wolfenstein: The New Order followed by The Old Blood.

warrior30 and the_stats_guy like this.
  19. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think both of those are on ps4 physically so i'll give them a whirl

Jawessome likes this.
  20. rjdeeme29

rjdeeme29 Active Member

Just encountered a nasty lil bug in doom. The up/down stopped working and I couldn't upgrade or use menus. If anyone else hits this bug, holding power and completely shutting the sustem down and restarting works to clear it up. Just an fyi!

jimothy likes this.