1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Faulty screen on switch

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by the_stats_guy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Semi-Active Member

I've only had my switch a couple if weeks and there seems to be a fault. I now have horizontal stripes of colour matching whatever comes on screen obscuring the picture quality. Just showed up while playing zelda this evening

Has anyone come across this? I'm guessing it is a warranty fix job given that turning power off and on doesn't sort it?

2. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

Oh no! Have you tried hard reset? Hold the power button until you see nintendo logo. It takes few seconds. I don’t think that’s gonna solve any of this problem though...

3. Try a hard reset. Hope you get it all situated nothing worse then your device going haywire. I remember when I dropped my Wii U and the screen cracked and it became a faulty screen with weird colors.
    took about 2 days to get it fixed gave it to a guy that works on laptops he was able to get it done. Then I ended up tradeing my Wii U a for switch.... lool

4. the_stats_guy

Thanks both - Already tried a hard reset, looks like a fault. If it has only been 2 weeks do you reckon i take it back to retailer and try for immediate replacement, or do i need to go through nintendo?

5. Fintendo

If the retailer is nice enough to let you move your save data from old to the replacement switch then go there, it’s faster. But i think you’ll have to take it to nintendo to keep your save files.

6. the_stats_guy

Do they not allow you to put save data on a memory card or cloud?

I'm not overly worried though, zelda is my only save and i'm not that far in

7. Fintendo

Save data is stored in the switch internal memory always. Only way to move it is to have another switch next to it to do transfer.

But now it hit me, you’ll need OS 4.0 on both switches to do the transfer :(

8. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

My heart goes out to you! Of all the times for the Switch to crap out on you it has to be this November! Hope you get it sorted.

9. the_stats_guy

Just got it replaced at GAME. They had to phone nintendo and apparently not a fault they are familiar with. Ah well. Lost my zelda save but i only got as far as getting the paraglider. I spent most my time trying to figure out how to cope in the cold area and how to cook, which will be a lot quicker this time

DankZaku and Fintendo like this.
  10. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Glad you got it sorted. Never thought GAME would stand over something like that but credit to them

the_stats_guy likes this.
  11. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

How’s the replacement Switch holding up so far, @the_stats_guy? Hopefully this unit is performing correctly without any issues!

12. the_stats_guy

Haven't played it much, but started syberia, which was a little laggy and buggy, had me worried it was the system lol, but apparently it is the game

So far so good!