1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Switch player forums! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alzen, Mar 22, 2018.

1. alzen

alzen Member

Hello, guess it's high time to introduce myself as I registered already a few days ago.

My gaming history started back in the days with 486SX 33Mhz PC. I played DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D, Worms, Prehistorik and other legends of that era. But always, there was a Nintendo next to PC when it comes to my gaming days.

As I always was rather a Nintendo guy my favourite platform is retro Nintendo Entertainment System I had back when I was a child. SNES never impressed me much, N64 was a decent platform I've tried for a bit but that was it. My big comeback to Nintendo was with Gamecube and I have some great memories with this generation that introduced almost perfect gamepad shape to the world.

I didn't believe much in Wii to be honest but it turned to be a great system, and a big surprise to me. I passed the Wii U as, I really don't know, maybe I just never tried to stay up to date with video game systems.

Buying the Switch was not planned to be honest. I wanted to play DOOM and planned to buy Xbox One but i didn't want to buy a system for just one game, and as we are pretty big fans of Super Smash Bros at home I thought "Hey, maybe let's go on and get ourselves the newest Smash along with new system"; and as we have DOOM for the Switch we've chosen to go with Nintendo once again. I knew DOOM wouldn't look as good as it does on XO but as I am rather retro gamer I do not care much about the visuals so much. And a few days ago I finished DOOM on Ultra-violence with 99% of secrets discovered and upgrades done. Will do the last bit probably until this sunday.

Currently, as I have full time job and a little of time I play only on consoles. I love PCs, since over 14 years I am big enthusiast of GNU/Linux operating systems and open-source movement in general - still, i have almost no time to play with this kind of software these days.

When it comes to Nintendo, despite being rather a Nintendo guy almost all my life I look at it with rather critical approach - I see the pros but also a lot of cons with it comes to big N.

Hope we will get into some interesting topics together.

Georgina Howlett and Mite like this.
  2. Mite

Mite Well-Known Member

Welcome to group

3. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Forums! We hope that you'll enjoy your time here discussing with us :)

4. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

Welcome!