1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Is TheVitaLounge.Net down (2017-08-24)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TriOpticon, Aug 24, 2017.

1. TheAtom

TheAtom New Member

Yello everyone!

Just made an account here, much like @Digit for the sole purpose of asking about the Vita forum (though I hope to own a Switch in the future anyway, so you could also call it long term thinking). TVL's main page seems to back up, but the forum is still down.
    It tells me that "A server error occurred", and that I should try later. And well, I did... I was just wondering if you guys know what's up?

nacsgaming likes this.
  2. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

This thread is super duper old, but once again relevant, haha! Essentially we've had issues with both Switch Player and The Vita Lounge this weekend whereby our external host had to transfer both sites over to a new VPS and given the sheer amount of data and content on both sites (but especially TVL - I think Paul said it's got like 90GB of content?) it's taken/taking a while. SP has come back sooner as it's a smaller site currently with less content to move, and TVL will eventually be back too, it's just taking time to move everything across from what I can gather.

TheAtom likes this.
  3. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

I am not familiar with vitalounge BUT welcome to this forum! Lots of good Switch info here.

TheAtom likes this.
  4. TheAtom

TheAtom New Member

@Georgina Howlett Thank you very much for the info! I'll stay waiting patiently, then!
    @nacsgaming Thanks for the welcome! You'll be seeing more of me once I actually finally purchase a Switch. For now I'll just read the magazine and stay dreaming. :D

nacsgaming and Georgina Howlett like this.
  5. Georgina Howlett

You're welcome! I hope that you manage to acquire a Switch for yourself soon, it's an amazing console!

6. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

But Vita means life! How could the Vita Lounge site die on us like this! :O

7. Georgina Howlett

It's not dead - it will be back once the VPS move is complete!

DojoDan and Zodasaur like this.
  8. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

Hey folks, long story short our server move has caused a few complications. We and our hosts are working hard to rectify things.

DojoDan, Tornado, Liam and 3 others like this.
  9. rajat

rajat Active Member

Any update regarding TVL ?

10. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong, I like it here, but daaaang Vita Lounge baby!

11. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Forums back baby!

TriOpticon, DojoDan and Murphy like this.
  12. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

I made an account on there today and clicked my activation email but it wont let me post anywhere :(

13. Zodasaur

The old LifeLounge is dead again today. I wonder what makes that site so much more prone to going offline than here. I patiently await it's return. :)

14. Zodasaur

And it's back up :D

15. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

7 minutes of torture!

Zodasaur likes this.