1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Limited Run Games

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by Retro8bit, Nov 5, 2017.

1. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

All of the juicy E3 announcements...
    Golf Story
    Layers of Fear: Legacy
    Thumper
    Night Trap releasing July
    Oceanhorn (by FDG, not an LRG numbered game)
    Cosmic Star Heroine
    Dust: An Elysian Tale
    And YOOKA LAYLEE!!

Tornado and the_stats_guy like this.
  2. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Some awesome game announcements there!

3. Tornado

Tornado Well-Known Member

Just preordered Oceanhorn.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/e3-placeholder-1-preorder

Please Note: This item is in the final stages of assembly and will ship within the next two or three weeks.

Oceanhorn on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This is an open pre-order for a limited time! The first 5,000 copies of the game have already been ordered from Nintendo and will ship within the next two or three weeks. Any additional copies will be manufactured after orders close and ship in September.

This release is not published by Limited Run Games and is not a part of our numbered Nintendo Switch collection. It was published by FDG Games, but we are the worldwide exclusive distributor.

[​IMG]

4. the_stats_guy

Yeah got mine in to hopefully receive earlier

5. olrodlegacy

Can't afford to get mine in right away, hopefully that doesn't mean I miss out but from the wording there'll be a new batch after the 5,000.

6. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

I was hoping that Nicalis would pick up Yooka-Laylee...

7. olrodlegacy

Kingdom: New Lands also coming from them with a special edition.

8. the_stats_guy

I'd much rather LRG release yooka laylee as a full LE, rather than nicalis cramming a few goodies in the case

I've almost bought the ps4 version a few times, glad i held out for the likely switch physical

9. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

3000 copies(most of which going to scalpers) does sound much better then the tens of thousands of copies that could have been made by Nicalis. Thus everyone getting a fair chance at actually owning a copy.

10. the_stats_guy

It'll be open preorder no doubt for the standard edition though. I'd rather have a full soundtrack and steelbook which nicalis haven't done yet, and i've not had issues ordering their LE's to date

Its just an opinion, but thanks for the sarcasm all the same ;-)

11. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

I see your point. Sarcasm has always been my tool to escape depression, couldn't imagine life without it mate ;)

the_stats_guy likes this.
  12. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Active Member

The whole scalpers getting loads of copies is nonsense, they've stated before it simply isn't the case. Do scalpers get them? Of course they do, but its like 1-2% of the orders. If it was most of the orders there would be 1000s on eBay which there just isn't

I've been ordering from LRG from the beginning, 40+ orders and only 1 I missed because I had an internet outage which I later got on eBay for the exact same price. We've got it even better with the switch games since its open pre-orders so its pretty hard to miss ordering short of going to Mars for 2 weeks.

Nicalis on the other hand I find irritating since I like to get European copies and they sometimes do them, sometimes don't, but don't communicate any of it which is very reminiscent of Aksys for the vita where suddenly they're like "oh we know you've imported a copy but here's an EU version 3 months after the fact"

Zodasaur likes this.
  13. the_stats_guy

I forgot about the EU/NA situation... i'm not going for a complete set on switch though so it doesn't bother me like it would for vita. I used to be concerned about the DLC situation as well.... but in the last 2 years i have never bought any dlc.... so i've written that off as an excuse

14. Tornado

Image of the CE available tomorrow.

[​IMG]

15. the_stats_guy

I'm all in for this, and starting to hope they do an ad hoc steelbook for thimbleweed park given it is the only LRG release without one at the moment.

16. the_stats_guy

Picked up a night trap LE yesterday. Didn't bother with the cards, pin or Vinyl though.

Anybody else adding this to their collection

Tornado likes this.
  17. olrodlegacy

Yep. Still 100% on all the LRG collector’s editions. Haven’t spent more on the little bits and bobs on their site though.

18. the_stats_guy

I've bought the other bits for their other releases i'm more interested in... but night trap doesn't hold the nostalgia for me like other people. I just wanted to keep the 100% on both the games and those awesome steelbooks from LRG

19. the_stats_guy

Has anyone in the UK received their Thimbleweed Park LE yet? It was an expensive order for me due to getting all the fangamer extras so i'm a little concerned it isn't here yet. Can't find the tracking number email... which means it may not have shipped yet?

Tornado likes this.
  20. Tornado

Mine cleared customs yesterday, though I didn't go for any of the Fangamer merchandise.