1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 2DS/3DS topic

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by SONY, May 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Anyone here still play their 3DS (original, XL, New, New XL) or 2DS (original or New XL)?

I must admit that I still love playing mine on a daily basis.
    I've put over 500 online gaming hours onto Street Fighter IV alone :D

This might change when I one day get a Nintendo Switch :)

[​IMG]

Zodasaur and Fintendo like this.
  2. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Semi-Active Member

I still play on my New 3DS XL. Kind of wish I waited for the 2DS XL as I find the 3D aspect a waste.
    I just play turn-based RPGs on it, though. My twitch reflex/aiming is gone.

SONY likes this.
  3. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

Playing Detective Pikachu at the moment. Got a huge backlog of 3DS games to play through...

4. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Member

I actually bought a 2DS a while back after selling a 3DS about a year before, but I haven't got many games for it.

It's ok, I have my moments on it.

I think I've got in the habit of collecting games, my Vita backlog is at about 35 games and I must stop buying games even though I'm only spending now say £10 a month.

5. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness you really dodged a bullet on that one Triopticon. I used to have the same mindset as you - I don't use the 3D so cutting out that feature to save $50 is a great compromise.

Here's the problem though, the build quality of the 2DS-XL is absolute garbage. I have never in my life felt a handheld that felt so cheaply constructed and fragile.

They changed the placement of the speakers so instead of being in the logical location- to the left and right of the screen, Nintendo unthinkably put the speakers inside the bottom half of the console, with only 2 small holes at the bottom for a bit of sound to theoretically come out. I say theoretical because my hands always completely cover the two sound holes so I can barely hardly hear the game's audio at all. Since the speakers are deep inside the bottom half of the console, if you have the sound turned on it makes the entire 2DS vibrate almost as if you were using one of those NDS rumble packs in it, only it rumbles to the sound. It sounds and feels terrible. I bought this terrible system day-1 and by the end of the week I was so sick of it that I reverted my account back on to my Original 3DS-XL with a dead pixel on it. I actually preferred that system which is sad.

SONY and TriOpticon like this.
  6. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

My wife and I still actively play our 2ds xls. We had to get 2 so we didn't have to share.

7. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

Been playing minecraft on my N3ds lately with my daughter. Fun times.

Zodasaur likes this.
  8. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I just got Luigis Mansion 2 so I’ve dusted off my old 3DS for another few weeks

Fintendo and SONY like this.
  9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Playing TLoZ: MM, atm.

AnGer-dono and Link41 like this.
  10. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the game?

SONY likes this.
  11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

As you would already know, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (TLoZ: MM) is an absolute classic and obviously old game. An old game that I've played many times over but it never seems to lose it's charm?
    I think it has something to do that it has aged very well, even when compared to the more recent TLoZ outings.
    I mean, it's almost timeless and although I'm one of those people who argue that TLoZ: OoT is better than MM, but let's save that conversation for another time, hehe.
    Anyway, overall, MM is something that every TLoZ fan should always go back to, because for me, there will always be a special place in my heart for both Nintendo 64 TLoZ games <3

A Must Have!! 9/10

AnGer-dono and JoSoap like this.
  12. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Majoras Mask is the only one I haven’t played

SONY likes this.
  13. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time. I hear people dismiss it so often because of the time limit, but I think it's what makes the game special and still invites exploration while not kicking the player in the nether regions. I love that it's also less strict in its storytelling which after BotW I found I really like in a Zelda game.

Zodasaur and SONY like this.
  14. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

You're missing out, mate!
    Before you grow old and die...you must play The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask :)

15. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Just wanna say that as much as I love the 3DS platform...my honest opinion is that Nintendo should abandon it and not care about the fact that it's still making money for them and just kill it. AND THEN put 100% concentration on Nintendo Switch :(

16. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

Bit contradictory, that...

SONY and Zodasaur like this.
  17. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

I haven't played on my 3DS XL or New 3DS XL at all recently, which I'm ashamed about, really. My mother bought me the New 3DS XL the Christmas before the Switch was announced, and then I got the Switch upon release, so I very quickly used that a lot more.

I'm hoping to pick my 3DS models back up soon though as I do have a huge backlog of games to play...