1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch will beat Xbox and PlayStation

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by FizaAli, Jun 27, 2018.

1. FizaAli

FizaAli New Member

2. SONY

SONY Active Member

/Fingers crossed

3. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Member

It says it will beat them, but never really goes into why in terms of numbers, it talks about the games coming up but honestly I'm not that impressed with the line up of games coming up.

The big hitters, Zelda, Mario World and Mario Kart are already out and add in a few third party and that's enough for me to a some point pick up the system (well get it gifted me as a present for XMAS).

But honestly I'm not convinced it's release schedule say over the next year or perhaps beyond will be enough to propel the number for say the Switch to move number from say 15 million to say an install base of say 80 million of the PS4 in a reasonable length of time.

Where's 1080, where's Star Fox, where's F Zero X, where's wave race, where's a follow up to Zelda, where's COD and the FPS the PS4/XBOX is known for along with a racer other than Mario Kart.

Sorry don't see it personally but it's still already outsold the wii u over 1 year compared to a 5 year life cycle of the wii u, so Nintendo certainly have a 'winner' on its hands.

TriOpticon likes this.
  4. Lethal

Lethal New Member

Hmmmmm, I am not sure it will beat the PS4. Nintendo is still putting out new 2DS and 3DS devices with new limited editions and such. I am not sure why Nintendo is not trying to get away from that ancient hardware and focus solely on the Switch.

5. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

Because they're still making money off of it? Also their 3DS support is looking increasingly minimal, outside of some remakes and a few niche 3rd party titles they aren't going to give it much thought anymore, 2019 will definitely be the last year for any 3DS game to be released.

On to the subject at hand, I think in terms of sales they might have a chance at beating at least the XBox One, but the PS4 will be out of reach. Plus, there's a new generation probably coming in the next two years, so I see the Switch being more of a competitor to PS5 and the fourth XBox rather than PS4 and XBox One.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    SONY likes this.
  6. Lethal

Lethal New Member

They will always make money off old hardware. Nintendo should be focusing everything towards the Switch especially after the abysmal Wii U. 2DS/3DS is horribly old hardware and not making anywhere near the money it was years ago. I was done with the 3DS years ago because of the small screen and crappy resolution.

It would be smart to only sell one portable device instead of giving consumers reasons not to buy their new Switch console....

SONY likes this.
  7. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

Outside of three upcoming 3DS titles - two of which are remakes and one being a port - Nintendo has all their teams working on Switch games plus there's third party joint-ventures like Metroid Prime 4. On the hardware side, there's next to nothing coming anymore after August of 2018 for 3DS and by 2019, both Nintendo and third party publishers will be done with 3DS. I genuinely fear that we're not going to see Etrian Odyssey X and Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 because of how 3DS seems to be in its death throes.

Also there's the historical fact to keep in mind that Nintendo has usually supported their handhelds for at least some time (usually a year or two) after the last generation had passed. So them still supporting the 3DS after the Switch's launch is a standard M.O. and quite frankly, it is preferrable to their method of cutting off support right after the release of a new system or even months, sometimes a year before the successor's release like they do in the home console market.

The whole "Nintendo should stop supporting 3DS because it takes away from Switch" mentality is baseless panic - the system is selling well and while 2018 hasn't been as much of a kicker for some software-wise this far, the rest of the year and 2019 are looking great.

SONY likes this.
  8. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

Nintendo have stated their intentions to support the 3DS through 2019, so I wouldn't dash your hopes just yet.

SONY likes this.