1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to Nintendo to include printed manual along with new Smash Bros.

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by alzen, Mar 29, 2018.

1. alzen

alzen Member

Hello everyone, in this topic I saw that I am not the only one who miss printed games manuals - some of us miss them a lot.

As I believe Super Smash Bros. is a very important series, I honestly think that it should have a printed manual attached.

I started the online petition so we can try to make things better for one of the most important titles for the Switch.

Here is the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/yoshiaki-k...d-manual-with-the-new-super-smash-bros-switch

Please feel free to share it among your friends and families. Hope we can make it happen.

2. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Well-Known Member

Signed!

3. alzen

alzen Member

Thank you but it's not very popular. Whatever.

4. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

Nintendo stopped printing manuals in 2012...

5. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

My Binding of Issac on Switch has a manual :)

6. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

That game was published by Nicalis and not Nintendo. Nicalis print manuals in their retail indie games :)

Zodasaur likes this.
  7. alzen

alzen Member

Still I see no reason no to print them even though they stopped doing it some time ago.

Manual is like a little treat for players that buy the game, but instead of going back to such nice additions like printed manuals they make games more and more digital but keep on talking "oh why and why there is so much piracy?". Hilarious.

8. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

The Manual will included within the game digitally.

9. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Well-Known Member

I agree with alzen honestly. I am a big collector. I have every relevant console since the Atari 2600. From my point of view I really prefer to have paper manuals. There is a certain degree of craftsmanship that is gone now as they keep pumping out plane jane boxes and cartridges with zero soul in them. Its like they don't even care anymore.

10. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

I hope in Nintendo's case that they are true manuals, only in digital form. I can't tell you how many digital manuals on other platforms i've seen that just ended up being an epilepsy warning and nothing else, dispite being labeled as a digital manual. If I remember correctly, the digital manual for Super Bomberman R was just a web link to a webpage that served as the manual. I've seen these type of manuals permanently go offline before. (MLB15)

11. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

I remember some of the digital Wii U manuals were pretty cool. Nintendo at least seems to put effort into their digital manuals, even if they are just digital.

Zodasaur likes this.
  12. alzen

alzen Member

We will see what will we get guys. One thing is sure enough for me - that I will get the game :).