1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Topic RiME

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by Murphy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

[​IMG]

Name: RiME
    Developer: Tequila Works
    Publisher: Grey Box/Sixfoot
    Genre: Adventure
    Release Date: May 2017
    Size: TBD
    Physical?: TBC
    Basic Plot: (via Official Website)

RiME is a single-player puzzle adventure game about a young boy shipwrecked on a mysterious island after a torrential storm. Players must use their wits to decipher the challenges and secrets of an expansive world strewn with rugged terrain, wild creatures and the crumbling ruins of a long-forgotten civilization. With subtle narrative, colorful artwork and a sweeping score, RiME offers players a meaningful journey filled with discovery.

RiME was initially announced as a PlayStation 4 exclusive before the rights returned back to Tequila Works, and this game is now slated to launch on the Nintendo Switch as well as XBOX One, PlayStation 4 and Windows. The game was "re-revealed" with this new trailer posted on IGN.

DankZaku and crisoc like this.
  2. Thrash13

Thrash13 New Member

I haven't heard a lot of Nintendo Switch hype for this one, but it could end up being one of the more underrated games in 2017 by the looks of it. It's not exactly my type of game, but there is a lot of potential for good things. The trailer makes it look pretty good!

3. jmontero

jmontero New Member

I am buying it for switch definitely, even though I have a ps4 I prefer the portability of the switch

4. Mite

Mite Active Member

5. Murphy

I got about 20 minutes with this at EGX yesterday, albeit on the PC. It looks stunning and I quite enjoyed what I played. Exploring and finding your own way are very much the flavour of the day. Definitely ramped up my excitement.

warrior30 and JhoCarneiro like this.
  6. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

Yep I'm definitely buying this

7. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Figured its better than starting a new thread.

What is everyone's thought on this? I am hearing 5-8 hours playtime. Looks great and I heard the puzzles are descent but that low playtime makes it hard for me to swallow the $30 USD price tag.

Blu Cry likes this.
  8. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

i'll defo pick this one up, I have no problems with short play times as long as the game carries itself during that time.

9. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

It's a nice looking game and is on my radar. I just need to see a bit more about it before I buy. So many other games are ranking above this one for me and money doesn't grow on trees where I live :(

10. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

I agree with you here and that is how I am, if the game warrants it but reviews are coming in a little weak for it.

11. Astr0

Astr0 Semi-Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I order Spain exclusive Rime - Collector's Edition but still no release date for switch

Blu Cry likes this.
  12. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

That looks great. Wish it was something I feel I would get use out of but damn it looks nice.

Astr0 likes this.
  13. Astr0

Astr0 Semi-Active Member

14. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

I’ve been waiting this game for so long, but now the reviews are up and I don’t know what to think. I feel so sad.

15. Murphy

I think the consensus is that it's a decent, if somewhat ugly and flawed game.

Fintendo likes this.
  16. I've heard the framerate can get pretty bad in this game also is pretty short too. I think I will put my money towards Skyrim and never be bored on the go again.

JoSoap and Fintendo like this.
  17. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

That is a shame. Videos on YouTube show that is pretty poorly optimised on PC as well

Fintendo likes this.
  18. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

Yea, i had my hopes up for switch version because it’s coming six month later than other versions and hoped some patches. The developer team is small and i’m sure they tried their best, but still a little disapointed.