1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Online - Your opinion

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by JoSoap, Sep 29, 2018.

1. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

What are your opinions on the paid online service? I’m not too happy to be honest. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that expensive but I never would play enough to justify paying for it.

I enjoyed a few games of Mario Kart every month here and there but now it’s practically offline for me as a casual player. As for the NES games I couldn’t give a toss. They’re all games I’ve played inside out for 20 years.

2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

It is priced very competitively cheap, annually.
    You get what you paid for, I guess.
    Also, I'm 99% not interested in playing games from the 80's and 90's.
    Most of have not aged well and tbh, I would rather if Nintendo gave us free Indie games every month instead.

3. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

I've invested. I play too much Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart online to go without, and I do like the idea of the NES library and Cloud Saves.

4. Link41

Link41 Well-Known Member

The phone app can go die in a fire, but beyond that it is ok so far.

SONY likes this.
  5. jimothy

jimothy Semi-Active Member

I signed up. I play mostly Tennis and Mario Kart online so I got it for that. It does seem a bit irksome that now I have to pay to be solidly beaten by children across the world whereas before they could do it for nothing.
    I wasn't too fussed about the NES collection. Had a quick play, mostly underwhelming. Although I did enjoy going back to Double Dragon, and Gradius I like too.
    Overall it's not too expensive, I can play online. It does the job.
    I'd be more peeved if it cost more and had a whole load of stuff that I didn't want to use.

Oh and yes, I'm with @Link41 - the phone app should die in flame.

6. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

I don't mind having to pay honestly. I do it for every other service like xbox live and PSN and running servers isn't free (or cheap). I think Nintendo priced it extremely well, I just hope they put some money into the app.