1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Player Issue #11 is now available! (Announcement and feedback thread)

Discussion in 'Switch Player Magazine' started by Murphy, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

[​IMG]

Every month we release a brand-new issue of our dedicated Nintendo Switch magazine, and our ELEVENTH issue is now available - and we are incredibly proud of this one!

Sporting a new look for 2018 which was created by magazine legend Wil Overton and adapted by @JhoCarneiro we think it's our best issue yet: and it's available to read online for FREE now!

It's 60 pages jam-packed with Nintendo Switch content, boasting 26 reviews (including cover title Xenoblade Chronicles 2, with another stunner from Justin Paul!) and many new and unique features, it's the best way to stay informed with the latest happenings in the Switch world!

Inside you'll find:
    • 26 Reviews including Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom, L.A. Noire and Rocket League
    • An interview with Limited Run Games
    • A feature on the Nintendo Players community fro Nintendo North Wales
    • Two features from Matt Forde, one on what he's expect from a Switch Smash and another with some Super Mario Odyssey tips
    • A feature from the Daily Mirror's Ryan Brown on the contentious Loot Crates system
    • The first in a series of editorials from myself, this one focusing on third-party support and superbly illustrated by Jonathan Traynor
    Oh, and did I mention that it's available for free on Issuu? Click THIS LINK to head to issue #11 now!

As well as a free digital release, you can also enjoy Switch Player in a much more convenient downloadable PDF format, or even in physical PRINT form (posted to your door every month)! All you have to do to access one of these formats is support us on Patreon and we will do the rest! You can also grab physical back issues from our shop, but the only way to GUARANTEE a print copy is our Patreon. If you are interested, support us before January 30th to get on the mailing list for Issue 12.

We hope you enjoy this new issue, and feel free to get in contact with feedback or content proposals. We always want to hear more from the community, and we're open to changing, fixing, or working around any issues you may find to make our product that much better.

Thanks for reading!

JhoCarneiro likes this.
  2. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Just would like to add that these are lovely to have in physical format, and i would recommend becoming a patreon member the get them sent each month.

Murphy likes this.
  3. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

I'll buy this one!
    Looks great.

EDIT: Just became a sponsor!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    the_stats_guy and Murphy like this.
  4. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

One small tweak I think could be valuable is justifying the text? To make the columns of text look neater and more like traditional magazines and newspaper columns?

Edit: My boyfriend also wonders if the spines of the new magazine design can be customised? He says it would be nice to see the magazine name, issue number and month and year on there if so, so that collectors can differentiate between issues and know which is which easily!

Genuinely a wonderful new look though. Can't wait to see more magazines in this style!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018