1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Topic Tetris 99

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by Georgina Howlett, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

So Tetris 99 is the latest Tetris game to release, and it's exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.

Has anyone managed a win yet? And has anyone been participating in this first event, the "Maximus Cup"?

2. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I've won heaps of times...but then again, I'm extremely talented at Tetris :)

/self trumpet blow

Zodasaur likes this.
  3. Georgina Howlett

I like to think I'm good at Tetris, but I've not won any games yet. Closest was 4th, I think. Can't remember...

4. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Sometimes, slight lag contributes to losing.

5. Georgina Howlett

I'm exceptionally clumsy and do false drops too much.

6. SONY

SONY Senior Member

You just gotta concentrate more, I guess.

7. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got to try this baby out for myself a couple of weeks ago at a good friend's house and I like it. It's a clever concept in my opinion and a great title to include along with the online services. I would have really liked to see a more traditional 1v1 mode as an option as well though for when your in the mood for a traditionally played round. I did't seem to notice a local multiplayer mode in it either, but admit-tingly I may have just missed finding it or something.

8. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I still prefer Tetris DX via GaneBoy Advance SP using GameBoy link.

9. Georgina Howlett

No other local or online multiplayer modes, as the premise is the Battle Royale.

Who knows, they may develop a full, new TETRIS title after the success of this one.

10. SONY

SONY Senior Member

We haven't had a Nintendo Tetris (paid) game since the last one, which was Tetris DS on Nintendo DS :(

11. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

The Super Mario Brothers 1 level 1-1 song that Tetris DS always played during an online multplayer match almost turned me insane. It's not that I don't like the song, but hearing it for hours and hours on end eventually devolved into some kind of 8-bit torture.

SONY likes this.
  12. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Lmfao, that happens to be my phone ringtone :D

13. Georgina Howlett

My ringtone is the Overwatch "play of the game" music... Haha.

SONY likes this.
  14. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Nice~

Georgina Howlett likes this.