1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

The Gaming Diary

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Link41, Dec 10, 2016.

1. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Completely obsessed with Zelda at the moment, but the wife and i are playing the odd battle in bomberman.

Completed Syberia and loved it despite all the bugs. Can't wait to carry the story on in the 2nd game

nacsgaming, dunpeal2064 and Fintendo like this.
  2. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

Ocarina of Time on 2ds! Brings back a lot of awesome memories from the N64 days.

Link41 and dunpeal2064 like this.
  3. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

I was rotating through Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, and Tiny Barbarian (I like to do a Big/Medium/Small rotation, to suit every mood)

But then The End is Nigh came out and wrecked all that, and basically just shoved everything else to the back burner.

My wife and I have been playing Overcooked, which is SO much fun. One of the better co-op experiences we've had since The Adventures of Cookies and Cream on the ps2. If you have someone else to play this with, especially a SO, you have to pick this up. (Though I think a physical edition is coming out, so maybe wait... or just double dip like me ;))

the_stats_guy and nacsgaming like this.
  4. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

God of War (Vita) - This has been fun so far.

5. the_stats_guy

The switch has been amazing for couch co-op so far. I've just pre-ordered the physical copy based on your comments to play with my wife.

I'm still working my way through zelda at the moment, and i die soooo many times. I really wish i could repair certain weapons i use, as i get quite fond of them. I end up keeping my best ones aside for bigger battles, which just doesn't sit right.

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  6. Simmi

Simmi Member

I just started and beat RE7 on PS4 this week, which I enjoyed way more than I thought I would!
    Also finally started my PS4 version of Odin Sphere (I had played it before on the PS2) and I'm of course quite enjoying it :)
    And I'm still playing my good old Skyrim, this time on the Switch, can't get enough of this game ^^

7. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

Since my daughter got a 2DS for Christmas, it has been nothing but portable gaming lately. Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros., New Super Mario Bros. 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Animal Crossing: New Leaf have been in full rotation for the past few days. Then she goes to bed and I've been playing Rayman Origins, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D(online) and Super Street Fighter IV 3D :)

8. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Into Sainsbury’s today for booze and ended up getting Skyrim finally. I got Mario odyssey there for Xmas but I finished it already. Been collecting moons but I’m bored of it already! Was disappointed!

9. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

I have Horizon: Zero Dawn, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and so many other games on the go.

I play Overwatch and Splatoon 2 as timesinks with no story commitments. Though I've still not finished the Splatoon 2 campaign either...

10. the_stats_guy

Really enjoying cave story at the moment. Finding the 3rd zone that you teleport to (the sand one) incredibly difficult. If it keeps getting worse than this i may not be able to complete it lol

11. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Started God of War 3 this week and almost finished it. Played The original on PS2 and played a bit of the second but I’m really liking this one. It’s the first game I played on my PS4 since Uncharted 4

12. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

Finally picked up Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, so I played for almost 6 hours non-stop yesterday. But the 3DS can't be ignored for long though as it will be back to MK7 and others with the daughter.

13. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

I beat The Last of Us: Remastered on my SSD hot-rodded PS4 Pro, playing on hard difficulty yesterday. I may go back in again sometime and try survivor difficulty. I dunno, tho. Hard was pretty tough in all honesty. Going Joel Rambo at the end of the game took a ton of luck to make it out of the hospital alive. :oops:

14. Georgina Howlett

Finally back into playing Super Mario Odyssey at the moment whilst also trying to keep up with university commitments... certainly proving challenging!

15. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

Killzone: Mercenary has been great fun for the past few days.

JoSoap and Georgina Howlett like this.
  16. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Finally got round to playing Strangers Wrath on the Vita. Beat it on hard and gonna rattle through it again for some cleanup trophies and then it’s Platinum city, bitches aw yea

Fintendo and the_stats_guy like this.
  17. Georgina Howlett

Played the Splatfest this weekend. Probably back to Mario Odyssey tomorrow!

18. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Playing for the first time since it turns 25 this year :)

19. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

Mainly been playing the first Bayonetta for the past week. Played through the story on easy, but have since gone back to try and get all the goodies since you can't collect them unless you play Normal difficulty and above.
    Other than that, I've continued my journey into Bravely Second and have reached what is roughly the halfway point of the story. Also went back to Rabi-Ribi on PC (which is far more enjoyable with the SF30 Pro) and continually read Kindred Spirits on the Roof on an irregular basis.

20. Link41

Link41 Senior Member

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Arrived at the sixth dungeon, having a blast so far!