1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

The Switch & Amiibo; Yay, or Nay?

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by Kyle, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

I'm forever seeing American sites selling them for $9.99 or lower. Ours are way overpriced, and that's if you can find them for £12.99 - I'm increasingly finding new ones going up for £14.99. That's assuming you can actually get them before the scalpers manage to.

Blu Cry likes this.
  2. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

One week 'til that Bayonetta amiibo.

I wonder if I can snag one...

3. cafékoopa

cafékoopa New Member

I want to get into collecting amiibos but... funds. Also, I'm not as fast as these people are when it comes to preordering amiibos before they sell out.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  4. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

Most amiibo are really cheap in the US. Didn't manage to pick up any of the new ones, but intend to in the future. Regarding amiibo, I really want to see Nintendo go down the path of Disney Infinity and make a sandbox like-game that features them. I've got around 125, and most games won't make me pick them up, so I want to have some use for them...

5. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

So i planned to get the shovel knight amiibo, as i absolutely love that game, but just thought they were collectable figures. What else do they do exactly and how are they used?

Sorry, i'm a bit of a n00b, and haven't owned a nintendo since the first DS lite came out

6. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

I have every amiibo apart from the non-PAL released ones, as well as Splatoon's Inkling Girl Lime Green, Callie and Marie and a few from the second Super Mario set.

7. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

If anyone was wondering, I'm just missing BOTW Zelda, Alm and Cecilia, TP and MM Link, all of the new Smash and Splatoon ones that just came out, Boxboy, which isn't NA, and 5 out of the 6 Monster Hunter, which also aren't NA. Planning to pick most of the new ones up when they get a bit cheaper

8. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

They enable you to access bonus items, costumes, players, etc - depending on the figure and game. Some are more important than others, and some even unlock parts of the game they're paired with. It's getting common that many (or all) amiibo work with games that support them in some way. For example, Breath of the Wild will give you special items for the Zelda themes amiibo, but will also give you generic items for any other amiibo scanned. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will give you character suits if you scan a compatible amiibo. Splatoon 2 will give you gear, and let you save your gear for use at a friend's house or tournament.

BD82 and the_stats_guy like this.
  9. the_stats_guy

the_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Thanks kyle

10. Darkprophet

Darkprophet Member

I have the complete Super Smash Bros. set (including Gold Mega Man, Famicom R.O.B., and Player 2 Bayo, Cloud and Corrin) which is my fav. I have a bunch of others, but couldn't keep up with them. Now, I wanted to get the whole Zelda 30th anni set and many of them are just outrageously priced on ebay. :/