1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Trading Card Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by JimmyEcho, Jun 7, 2017.

1. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

Does anyone play any card games? digital or otherwise.
    I have quite a big of history with card games growing up what about others?
    I am currently playing Elder Scrolls: Legends again, it's one I keep reinstalling again and again after saying I can't afford card games anymore, let's move on...

Blu Cry likes this.
  2. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

I use to play a few digital ones but most are pay 2 win. Hearthstone and Pokemon would be my main games but have played a bit of mtg some years ago. My problem with the game is that nobody I know plays them. I would love to give DnD a go but can never find people.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  3. JimmyEcho

Yea I only ever had one person at a time to play physical card games with but now I don't really have anyone to.
    Then one day I got access to Hearthstone beta, all of a sudden I didn't need real friends.
    As for the Pay 2 Win service, I payed but I rarely won ha.
    Whenever you decide you wanna give another digital one ago Blu you just let me know ;)
    Dungeons and Dragons has always seemed a little out there for me, i'm not the best at roleplaying and would feel a little silly or embarrassed doing it I feel. I'll leave it to the pros.

4. Blu Cry

I will have to jump on to see if my login works. Been a while since I was on hearthstone so not sure what my details are. Pretty sure my pokemon account is still on my pc or tablet so that wont be a problem.
    I will post my username when I log on tomorrow.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  5. JimmyEcho

I not bought into the last expansion, I washed my hands with hearthstone at the start of the year to try and free up time for other games and general life. It was literally all I would do if i wasn't working. Started to become a problem. :oops:

6. Blu Cry

My battle.net account is Blucrystal #2538.
    Not got hearthstone on my pc yet but have it on my tablet so I will have a look every now and then.

7. Blu Cry

Anyone play Star Wars Destiny? Just picked up the starter set and a load of booster packs. Just need to find local players to give it a go.

8. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Semi-Active Member

I like play Culdcept Revolt on the 3DS. I am terrible at it.

IRL I play Netrunner. Have yet to find any players in Japan so I've been playing a friend using Jinteki.net. I don't play in tournaments as I am not that competitive or have the time.

Blu Cry likes this.
  9. Blu Cry

Cool. I've yet to play netrunner but I am attending a game night tonight so there's a chance it may be played. They have all sorts of board games and also host rpg/war gaming nights so I plan to go out of my comfort zone to give them a go.
    I just hope I find other star wars destiny players otherwise my £60 purchase of the cards was a waste of money lol

10. JimmyEcho

remember when it was coming out, i followed it for a while up to release and had every intent on playing with a couple of lads from where I was working at the time
    then I left that job, never got in touch with those lads after that and never played star wars destiny lol
    that the only thing holding me back from playing card games just the lack of people I have that are into it or can afford it
    you'll have to let us know if it any good mate

Blu Cry likes this.
  11. Blu Cry

Will do but still to find any other players near me. From what I've seen on YouTube, it's a fun game with many tactical options available to you. I'm keeping my eye on star wars legion. It's got a lot of hype around it atm so might be better to find other players.

JimmyEcho likes this.