1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you expecting from the January press event?

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by Kyle, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

With all the rumours, knowns, unknowns, and unknown-unknowns in the works - it's easy to get carried away with what you want or expect from Nintendo with the Switch, but seeing as how we're all pretty hyped (or at least moderately hyped) I'm wondering what you guys are expecting from the January event.

It's a pretty good bet that we'll hear release information (price/date), specifications (though probably not full hardware specs), and the launch line-up - but is there anything else you think should be said or done to lead towards the March launch?

Everyone has different expectations and/or hopes, so what's yours?

2. Americo

Americo Active Member

Other than what you've listed, I'm looking for lockdown 3rd party support. I want them to come out in droves. I want a minimum of 2 Triple A titles day and date of release with The Switch, and at least 2 Triple A titles from third party supporters. About 3-4 indie games and whatever backwards compatible games they want to bring, I'll be fine with.

Also accessory support. Those controllers look like they could get lost or damaged easily. Please tell me I can buy one without having to buy a new console.

And please let the damn specs be good. 1080p on the dock, at least. Wifi and bluetooth compatibility should be a must!

3. Lythene

Lythene New Member

I'm expecting them to clarify a few things and then showcase their launch line-up, then the internet going absolutely ballistic. Pre-order sites opening up, selling out, etc etc.

What I'm hoping for is something to assuage my many concerns - and specs and launch titles are very unlikely to do that. I want a glimpse at their long term plan with this thing.

4. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

My fear is that 3rd party games will suffocate each other because they are all going to be presented at the same bloody time. Nintendo should've let third party developers decide themselves if they want to announce Switch games prior to the event.

5. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

I'm expecting at least 25 launch games, not including any indies that may have got the run and be ready for launch.

I don't think that we will see too many things from Nintendo at launch, they will not want to cannibalise their own sales even though there will be a reasonably high attack rate at launch. We will see what it can actually do with those specs which will either shut up the naysayers or support their fears (obvious really) and I also don't think we will see both Breath of the Wild AND Skyrim. IMO that would be sending Skyrim out to fail. Assuming it's a Switch title of course.

We will also see accessories, it'll be interesting to see it there are other styles of Joy-Cons.

Americo likes this.