1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favourite Nintendo game of all time?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by JimmyEcho, Sep 17, 2017.

1. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

general chatter, get an idea of some people's preferences.
    old or new..
    what is your fav game developed by nintendo?
    what is your fav game released for a nintendo consoles?

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  2. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I've only dabbled with Nintendo over the years as I've always had multiple consoles and so the little attention I could afford was always divided. The best game I played on a Nintendo console however is probably a draw between Metroid Prime and Wind Waker. For each system I played however;

Gameboy Color: Mario Land 2
    GBA: Final Fantasy IV
    DS: Mario Kart
    N64: Ocarina of Time
    Wii: Xenoblade
    Switch: BOTW

dunpeal2064, BD82 and JimmyEcho like this.
  3. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

I have to praise the original Super Mario Bros. and it's groundbreaking effort to me and console gaming in general.
    I was about 5 or 6 years old when I got NES and the Super Mario Bros. with Duckhunt. And since then the game have been casually on my playlist till today.
    Oh, those sweet childhood memories. And then my cousin got SNES and Super Mario World. Damn, I was envious :oops:

dunpeal2064, JimmyEcho and BD82 like this.
  4. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

Going by consoles (and these are favorites, not necessarily the best)
    Gamecube: Mario Sunshine
    DS: Pokemon Platinum
    Wii: Super Paper Mario
    3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf
    Wii U: Wind Waker HD/Smash (Its a tie)
    Switch: ARMS

dunpeal2064, JimmyEcho and Fintendo like this.
  5. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Super Mario World.

I received a SNES when I was 6 for Christmas and this game came packaged in. Since they have played it countless times, beat it at least 20 and own it for the SNES and 3DS now. Introduced it to my 4 year old son a few months back and he can't get enough Mario!

dunpeal2064, JimmyEcho and Fintendo like this.
  6. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

NES: You can’t go against Super Mario Bros
    SNES: Super Mario World
    N64: GoldenEye
    GameCube: Zelda: Wind Waker
    Wii: Bully
    Wii U: Splatoon
    Switch: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

dunpeal2064 and JimmyEcho like this.
  7. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono Well-Known Member

I'll just steal the format from olrodlegacy and expand on it thusly:

Console: Favourite Nintendo game/Favourite Non-Nintendo game

Here goes:

NES: The Legend of Zelda/Crystalis*
    SNES: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Terranigma**
    N64: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Wave Race 64***
    GameCube: Metroid Prime/Tales of Symphonia
    Wii: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption/Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Wii U: Don't own it (yet)
    Switch: Don't own it yet

GB(C): The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/Gargoyle's Quest
    GBA: Metroid Zero Mission/Final Fantasy V Advance
    DS: Hotel Dusk: Room 215/Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow****
    3DS: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds/Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past****

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  8. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

This is easy for me:

#1 Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    #2 Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA)
    #3 Advance Wars (GBA)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  9. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Senior Member

Ocarina of time for n64. I'm very glad I picked up the Zelda edition 2ds (as ugly as it is) because it comes pre-loaded and I get to play it all over again! Its crazy how much you remember even though its been so long.

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  10. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

This is a brutally difficult question. My favorite Nintendo console is the SNES, so lets narrow it down to that. And how about a top 3, since even narrowed down its impossible to pick. :p

Favorite Nintendo-developed games on the SNES:

1. Super Metroid
    2. Super Mario RPG
    3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Favorite non-Nintendo-developed games on the SNES:

1. Mega Man X
    2. Final Fantasy III/VI
    3. Contra 3: The Alien Wars

nacsgaming likes this.
  11. alzen

alzen Member

Journey to Silius by Sunsoft for the NES.

12. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Member

I think about anything for the N64 really, Ocarina obviously scores highly but there was no two player, so had a limited shelf life, I'm going to mention Snowboarding Kids as it really was a 2 player gem and I doubt many people really give much notice to Snowboarding Kids.

13. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

Fanny, i'm quite the Snowboard Kids fan myself. That game really had it going on (except that it didn't save to the cartridge and made you use a memory card). The music was amazing and the singleplayer was super fun. The multiplayer was every bit as fun and ruthless as Mario Kart 64. (racing to be the first to hop onto the ski-lift was so exciting). The feel of the gameplay was just so perfect and spot on. This is something I really wish that they hadn't fiddled with in the later installments. While I very much appreciated the massively expanded single-player mode of Snowboard Kids 2, they totally ruined the magnificent controls and feel from the original game. SBK2 felt a bit too slow, the rumble effects weren't as impressive as the original games and just lacked that great since of momentum and control. Although I still thought SBK2 was a great game, just not up to par with the first. Snowboard Kids DS on the other hand got everything wrong. Absolutely everything. Perhaps the worst, was the fantastic big headed, big nose style that made the first 2 so endearing. But also the music was crappy, the levels were crappy, and I hated how it felt like a total re-boot with the interests and ages of the kids completely changed around for no good reason. I mean, Tommy isn't even fat in this one, everyone knows Tommy is a total fat *** constantly stuffing his face with food, even while he's in a race haha. There is also a less-commonly known about remake of the original Snowboard Kids for the Playstation that was only released in Japan called Snowboard Kids Plus. Overall, i'd have to argue that the original N64 version is still superior because it's 4 player, the framerate is better and even though it's lower quality on a technical level, I much prefer the N64 midi versions of the songs. It would probably be too much trouble for most people to bother tracking down a copy of it, but I have Playstation that is modded to be region free so I picked up SBK Plus since I was already set up to play it.