1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

What you bought this week on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by DankZaku, Mar 11, 2017.

1. DankZaku

DankZaku Semi-Active Member

This is a popular thread over at The Vita Lounge and I didn't see it here yet. Post your Switch pickups (preferably with a pic). I Am Setsuna w/ English cover
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Zodasaur, ryancraddock, rajat and 4 others like this.
  2. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

Whoa! Completely localized in English language? Where did you pick that copy up physically?

3. DankZaku

DankZaku Semi-Active Member

What's cool is it seems all copies on Switch include JP, EN and FR subtitles. I got the full English cover version through Heavy Arm. Its the only place I've seen it so far with the exception of a copy or two on eBay.

Astr0 and Renegade Bastard like this.
  4. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

no pic but I bought a nice game today off the eShop, Graceful Explosion Machine(GEM), it's a SHMUP and its really really fun!!

DankZaku likes this.
  5. Mite

Mite Well-Known Member

This week was Snake pass. Going to try pick up Lego undercover if can persuade Mrs to let me have it. Of course for my little boy

DankZaku likes this.
  6. Americo

Americo Active Member

Picked up Lego Undercover. It's a lot of fun, though they did not fix those load times at all. Next purchase will be Mario Kart.

Murphy, Zodasaur and DankZaku like this.
  7. alvmk

alvmk Semi-Active Member

Recently picked up A Switch this week along with:
    The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Puyo Puyo Tetris

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

Just bought Super Bomberman physical and getting minecraft tomorrow on digital.
    Once minecraft is out physical, I will end up with it as well as I'm trying to grow my collection instead of trading in for new games

Mite likes this.
  9. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

A twin of mine, even down to the screen protector it seems. :)

alvmk likes this.
  10. Mite

Mite Well-Known Member

Nice pal. Hoping to pick up in a sale can't quite justify full price for it yet

11. Blu Cry

It's pricey but been a fan since snes days so it has to be in my collection

12. Mite

Mite Well-Known Member

If keep adding dlc for it I know I will end up buying

Blu Cry likes this.
  13. Blu Cry

It's just a great party game and I hope that we can setup a eu friendly time for us to play games like this. I know once this place takes off like on the vita lounge, there will be larger groups of EU and NA players to have separate nights for people to arrange games. I hope bomberman is one :)

Zodasaur likes this.
  14. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

In the last week I've been spending stupid amounts of money. I bought I Am Setsuna physical from Play Asia (and paid £30 import duty for the privilege...) as well as grabbing Super Bomberman R in physical - once I get the NA Has-Been Heroes I should then be close to a full physical collection.

I've bought Minecraft too, and Switch-related but not essentially Switch purchases I've spent too much money on amiibo figures, with pre-orders for all the upcoming ones (bar Zelda ones and Bayonetta) and started getting the first few off eBay. Do yourself a favour and don't start...

DankZaku, warrior30 and Blu Cry like this.
  15. warrior30

I have around 90 amiibos now, I'm always buying ones I don't have when I'm at the store

Murphy likes this.
  16. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

hey, today I pre-ordered Disgaea 5, Cave Story+ and Seiken Densetsu Collection to add to the physical collection. Don't tell the other half how much money I spent, we're buying a house..

Murphy and Blu Cry like this.
  17. Blu Cry

Won't be a problem if you want to build a house out of switch game boxes. Great excuse to get even more games :D

Zodasaur and JimmyEcho like this.
  18. warrior30

All three games are great

alvmk likes this.
  19. rajat

rajat Active Member

20. alvmk

alvmk Semi-Active Member

Bought 3 more a couple of days back.

1) Has-Been Heroes - Now this game gets a lot of flak and had on average mediocre to poor reviews at launch. Two of the most common complaints are that the game is hard and unfair and yes, they are somewhat true. The game is really hard and can sometimes be a bit unfair however the core gameplay loop is both engaging and strategic (proper positioning and use of skills is the key) which imo makes it really fun and addictive. I can somewhat compare this to another really hard and sometimes unfair game called Darkest Dungeon which I really like as well.

2) Graceful Explosion Machine - A Resogun-like shump. You have 4 different attacks and the ability to dash through enemies. The game, like Resogun, is about keeping that combo alive and trying to score as much points as possible.

3) Kamiko - A really short game and it takes about 45 mins for a single playthrough. There are 3 characters to play with and the game has a focuses on speedrunning. The gameplay is a pretty simple hack and slash.

Fintendo, Murphy and warrior30 like this.