1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

What you bought this week on Switch

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by DankZaku, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Mikey

Mikey Member

Well, these weren't all purchased this week...but here are my purchases thus far for the Switch!

[​IMG]

Link41, warrior30, DankZaku and 3 others like this.
  2. rajat

rajat Active Member

[​IMG]

Got one more !! as this is GameSpot exclusive i had to settle for the NA version instead of EU/PAL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Fintendo, warrior30, Mikey and 3 others like this.
  3. salv-ice

salv-ice Well-Known Member

Just bought my Switch today with Breath of the Wild !

Planning to order Disgaea 5 from Amazon shortly :D

4. Mikey

Mikey Member

Breath of the Wild is amazing...you will not regret that purchase.

Disgaea 5 is quite awesome too.

It's incredible to have these kinds of gaming experiences on the go.

5. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

Ordered Arms after having a blast on the testpunch. Might also get I am Setsuna and NBA Playgrounds

DankZaku, warrior30 and Fintendo like this.
  6. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

I haven't purchased anything in weeks for my Switch... :(

7. Blu Cry

Tbh I don't think there's a lot to choose from. Unless your into fighting games or indies, theres not many options yet.
    I'm sure your wallet will be opening once e3 is done ;)

warrior30 and Renegade Bastard like this.
  8. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

I hope some great games I'm interested in playing hit Switch out of E3 or even just Virtual Console with some awesome GameCube games! :)

Blu Cry and warrior30 like this.
  9. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm buying arms, I'm pretty happy with my current switch rotation, mostly mk8deluxe and usf2

10. salv-ice

salv-ice Well-Known Member

Indeed botw is just amazing ! An incredible experience on the go. This is something never seen before !

Also, Disgaea 5 is on the way, should arrive on tuesday but I won't open it for the moment...

Mikey likes this.
  11. Blu Cry

Got I am Setsuna today. Love myself some jrpg's so hope the story is good

DankZaku and JimmyEcho like this.
  12. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

Disgaea 5 arrived along with Ultra Street Fighter II. Also managed to grab Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo's from Nintendo UK's store (pre-ordered) which went very quickly...

Need those Link ones now...

Despite the mediocre reviews, I've bought this physical from Video Games Plus. Need to have that full physical collection. ;)

13. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

I ordered Arms, should be here tomorrow if the post doesn't mess up the delivery

Murphy likes this.
  14. Murphy

ARMS arrived yesterday, should be getting my swanky yellow Joy-Con today.

I pre-ordered both Minecraft Story Mode and Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy from Base as they are listed there.

warrior30 and JimmyEcho like this.
  15. alvmk

alvmk Semi-Active Member

Purchased Arms (digital copy) this week.

Arms is amazing and really fun to play! It does take time to get used to and imo button based gameplay is better than motion based, but once it clicks you won't be able to stop playing. It's kinda like Gundam Extreme Vs Force on the Vita. Also I really want to praise the online of this game. I've played a fair amount of fighting games and the one thing in common that I find (other than the fact that I suck at them :p) is a horrible laggy online experience. However I've been playing online a ton and the experience was super smooth. I'm really impressed since I was expecting the opposite.

If you like strategy games then you'll definitely love Has-Been Heroes!

16. Murphy

I like strategy games, but I'm not a fan of hard for the sake of being hard games.

17. alvmk

alvmk Semi-Active Member

I don't think Has-Been Heroes is like that. At first it may seem hard, like really, really hard and unfair BUT once you get a feel for the gameplay and understand the mechanics of the game (mainly the stun and knockback mechanics, and also proper lane positioning), you'll end up loving it. The main thing to take note of is that Has-Been Heroes is quite strategic. You'll often need to think a few moves ahead otherwise you'll end up getting swarmed by enemies.

However Has-Been Heroes is a roguelike and like other games in the genre sometimes you may end up with a bad run compared to others. Still imo the core gameplay loop is so addicting that I tend to not mind that.

Murphy and JimmyEcho like this.
  18. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

I love this game and think it's a shame most people are put off by it's difficulty.

alvmk likes this.
  19. alvmk

alvmk Semi-Active Member

Yeah Has-Been Heroes is amazing + the game is perfect due to the portable nature of the Switch. I really hope FrozenByte keep on refining this game via updates and maybe add more content (enemies, locations, items and maybe a new mechanic) either via free or paid dlc.

20. Murphy

Yeah, I'm not that keen on rogue-likes...