1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by warrior30

1. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Same here, buddy! Primary reason why I bought my Switch in the first place! I wanted a mobile solution to play the types of games we routinely see released on PS4, XB1, and PC!
    Mar 31, 2018
  2. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Don’t have to be “New” games, either! I’ll settle for tons of ports of major 3rd party games from seventh and eighth gen consoles!
    Mar 31, 2018
  3. Link41
    Link41
    No offense, but if you bought a Switch to play big third party games, that was a mistake. Nintendo was never going to have strong 3rd party support like Sony/M$ have on their systems. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo, but after gaming with them for over 25 years, I know what to expect.
    Apr 1, 2018
  4. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Oh no! Are you saying Nintendo lied to us like Sony did with the PS Vita?! I hope that’s not true! Sony robbed me blind on selling me the Vita with promise of huge AAA console experience games on the go. Nintendo made that promise as well...
    Apr 1, 2018
  5. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Also wait a minute! I owned a Nintendo GameCube! That fucker had almost ALL the best big 3rd party games on it! What are you talking about that Nintendo doesn’t do that, @Link41?! LOL
    Apr 1, 2018
  6. Link41
    Link41
    In reality GCN missed out on many games due to market share and the fateful decision to use micro discs. Third parties lost many dollars releasing GCN games. By the time the Wii came out, even though it was a powerhouse in sales. Most 3rd party studios had a sour taste in their mouth in regards to Nintendo.
    Apr 1, 2018
  7. Link41
    Link41
    Even though the Wii was much less powerful then the PS3/360, most 3rd party studios didn't want to bother with the effort and the ones that did had mixed results. Fast forward to the 3DS/Wii U era. The 3rd party support on Nintendo 3DS was night and day in comparison to the Nintendo DS.
    Apr 1, 2018
  8. Link41
    Link41
    The Wii U was announced with only a few confirmed games and mild interest from other studios. The Wii U tanked shortly after release and once again, relations with many studios were the lowest they have ever been. EA and Activision seem to have been burned by Nintendo the most recently it seems as their support of the Switch has been mediocre at best.
    Apr 1, 2018
  9. Link41
    Link41
    Nintendo has a massive uphill battle with major western AAA studios it seems. Indies have been having a great time, but let's face it. People want an all in one FIFA/NHL/CoD/AAA machine/indies. They just aren't going to get that with Nintendo.
    Apr 1, 2018
  10. Link41
    Link41
    I love Nintendo, but they have a different philosophy from the others. They have been a very different company since you had a GameCube. The Wii/Wii U era has damaged them, and it is up to them to get back on track.
    Apr 1, 2018
  11. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Oh my! I didn’t even know all of this had went on with Nintendo as GameCube / GBA SP were my last consoles from them. I never owned another Nintendo console until now with the Switch. Nintendo sold me on Switch when they stepped forward and made the same promise Sony did with the Vita. Promise of AAA 1st and 3rd party games playable on the go! :O
    Apr 1, 2018
  12. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I really hope Nintendo keeps their promise, tho. I’ll check out E3 this year. If western AAA 3rd party isn’t mentioned? I may have to consider selling my Switch and games library off on eBay and just buy a gaming laptop after all. :(
    Apr 1, 2018
  13. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    The Vita was supposed to be a handheld PS3 with a similar library of games, but we all saw how that turned out. Sony was sued to hot hell over the false advertisement. I got a $25 check and a couple of free Vita games in my settlement. LOL
    Apr 1, 2018
  14. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I really hope Nintendo can pull off what Sony promised. It’s not outside the realm of possibility as the Switch is a powerful handheld as well as is selling record breaking numbers to this day. Hopefully the momentum keeps up and it attracts more western and Eastern European publishers and devs! I’m ready for GTA V and Dying Light on Switch, damn it! :D
    Apr 1, 2018
    Link41 likes this.