1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Great News regarding Capcom and Switch

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by warrior30, Jul 28, 2017.

1. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

today I read on Twitter Capcom said Ultra Street Fighter 2 is a smash hit on Switch, with 450K copies Sold so far! Looks like we will be getting more games from Capcom! USF2 has exceeded expectations.

2. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath lol. As much as it's great news, I can see it taking a while for localisation of the games the westerners want. I would just be happy with monster hunter xx/gen2. I can still see the translation taking a while even though they can use the last game for most of the text.

3. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

They had better bring monster hunter xx west, i'm putting off buying it from japan because my fingers are crossed for a local release.. this had better be the case.

Blu Cry likes this.
  4. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Capcom...better come through is all I have to say lol. Them and SE make interesting business decisions when it comes to the West.

5. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

450,000 units of a 25 year old - and over-priced - game is mental business but looks like Switch owners have put their money where their mouths are.

Let's hope CapCom come through with some bigger franchises, although I guess a lot of the Monster Hunter wishing will depend on that Sony contract.

Jawessome likes this.
  6. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

All I hope for from Capcom are ports sadly. Street Fighter Alpha collection, Street Fighter III and the original Marvel vs Capcom titles with online play would be a great start. I wouldnt say no to Street Fighter IV either. The more recent stuff? No thanks!

7. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Capcom's direction in general has been upsetting. So many good series and some odd business decisions. I hope they take a look at what Bethesda is doing and bring over some of their great franchises to the Switch.

Jawessome likes this.
  8. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

USFII surprised me as well. I ended up playing it a lot more than I thought I would. The online mode is pretty streamlined and well populated with players of all skills

9. Georgina Howlett

Georgina Howlett Moderator Staff Member

I imagine Capcom will make a fair few games for the Switch - though we'll have to wait and see which route they go down.

Jawessome likes this.
  10. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

Well, the Streetfighter Collection is a solid step forward. Arcade ports may not be to everyone's taste but I really welcome it. The footage of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 running purportedly on a Switch have me honestly salivating.

11. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Capcom sucks, because they don't have plans on bringing RE2 Remake onto Nintendo Switch :(

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  12. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

True, but at least we can pay $60 USD for Resident Evil: Origins Collection on Switch next month! LOL

Seriously though... that physical release? Once it’s like $30 ~ $40 brand new? I’ll pick it up. I’m not paying $60 for it, especially because I picked the Origins Collection up for my PS4 Pro a while back on physical release for only $20 brand new and it has both games on the Blu-ray Disc.

Side note: Resident Evil 2 is on sale everywhere here in the States for only $39.99 USD! Not a bad deal. I already picked the game up and beat it launch day, though. In fact, I beat it four times already. Leon A & B as well as Claire A & B scenarios.

13. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I picked mine up on PC, mate. I love it :D

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  14. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

I’m happy to hear that. Same here. It’s a solid 10/10. I have no complaints. I absolutely loved the game. Waiting to see if Capcom announces a “We Do It!” for Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake. If so? Fingers crossed that sees development for Switch as well.

15. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I think it's inevitable.