1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2K18

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by warrior30, Jan 23, 2017.

1. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

Finally we get a true HD NBA Game that can be played on the go. I always wanted a new NBA 2K Game on my PS Vita, but that never happened, unless you count remote play.

coachjjs75 likes this.
  2. Jatin Singh

Jatin Singh New Member

Ya NBA is going to release its new Game NBA 2K18 in his NBA series. This game Would be Release in the Last of this year. Everyone is excited for this game me too. because this game comes with new features. get full details of this game from here http://nba2k18update.com/ and check the updates, features wishlists and trailor.

3. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Member

i not a b-ball fan, but there needs to be more sports games to come out.. but i cant wait to see this game , and yes i wish it came on the Vita !!!

4. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

Is it true what I have heard? You have play 5v5 on the switch version? Does that mean online or local with 2 consoles? I hope it's online. Be nice to see us have a team of us playing.
    I know nothing apart from the rules of basketball. Never could follow teams due to England having quite a poor basketball following. Use to watch Manchester Giants back in the 90's but that was it.

5. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

England has basketball teams? Guess you do learn something new every day

Blu Cry likes this.
  6. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

I know! We've had some decent NBA players over the years but having no real grassroots for the sport here. Shame really as it's so fast paced and enjoyable to go watch a game.

BD82 likes this.
  7. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

The game takes 5gb for a single save file. Uh! I haven’t really seen any problem with AAA-titles that need a SD-card for an extra download even if you buy a game physical. I understand that gamecards aren’t that big and bigger ones are more expensive so i settle with that without any tears, but a single damn save file takes 5gb?! And the problem comes with the switch hardware, coz you can only have savefiles on the switch’s internal memory which is about 25gb after the OS. The save file for nba is bigger than Arms or splatoon!
    If more games do this we can roughly have five saves at the same time. Hopefully nintendo does something about using only internal memory for save files... i’m in shock.

8. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

A review from Nintendolife praises the game on every level. However, NBA2K18 is currently filled with some serious bugs. One of which wipes your save file. As such, they have refused to give the title a review score.

Stay away until it is patched.

This one was (and still is) on the horizon as a must own for me. I was about to go and get a 128GB MicroSD card tomorrow along with the digital version of the game but will certainly hold off.

Here's hoping they patch it soon.

9. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

It all depends on your ultimate choice of games. I am a lazy digital gamer and as such it was only a matter of time until I would need to fork out for an SD card. So far I have all my games on the internal system memory. Mario Kart 8, NBA Playgrounds, Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Binding of Isaac and a few smaller titles like Mark of the Wolves and King of Fighters 98. So far so good. Nil issues with memory yet.

Eurogamer have a great article about which MicroSD cards are best to use for the Switch.

The only caveat is once you start using a MicroSD card, all further game downloads will go onto the card. There is as yet no real way to select where you would like the download to go. Save files will always default to the system memory until that fills up.

Fintendo likes this.
  10. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

11. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

Legend edition gold is a gamestop exclusive as far as i know, just like has-been heroes was that we talked about some time ago.

And the differences between versions:
    [​IMG]

12. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Gameplay footage of this looks great. Like pretty close to the console versions. Though I haven't played a basketball game since NBA Jam on megadrive

13. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

I've had a look at impressions of the game online in hope to see any news on progress of a patch and I found a very informative article by YongYeah that is quite damning to the growing microtransactions in NBA2K18

Give it a look.

Really makes the price point of the game quite despicable. Especially considering you 90% need to invest in a microSD card.

I'm now on the fence about giving 2K my money after watching this video.

14. olrodlegacy

olrodlegacy Moderator Staff Member

Gold seems to be an eShop exclusive in the U.K. as far as I can see - not a physical listing for it to be found anywhere

15. warrior30

I have the game, bought it on eShop day 1, the gameplay is great and Play Now works fine, just there is the corrupted file issue and loss of your career myplayer, all versions having issues, best to wait for patch, but game is fun

Fintendo likes this.
  16. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

What’s your take on the micro transaction situation for a game already priced at a premium?

17. warrior30

I don't like it so I'm not buying any of the VC currency, never have, 2K has been doing this all gen

18. warrior30

Huge patch 1.04 just released, around 11 or 12 gigs!!! Better invest in a big sd card guys

19. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Wow this game is like what a few games on the ps4 and Xbox One have done being over 100gb range.

warrior30 likes this.
  20. warrior30

I have some good news regarding these large updates...ok so when you first download you need the required space, whatever size the patch is, but when it's done installing the space that was on your sd card before the download process returns, so it basically deletes the file after install, but the patch is there, so those worried about space don't worry(atleast with 2K Sports updates) you just need to make sure you have the space required to dl..

One guy on Twitter I think only had a 32gb card with NBA 2K18 on it and was unable to even download the update because he only had a few gb's of free space..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017