1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Playgrounds

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by warrior30, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

The update is out now! Wuhuu!

Jawessome and warrior30 like this.
  2. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

It's a miracle!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    JKOT likes this.
  3. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

How does the game play now? Been holding off on this one waiting for the patch.

4. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

Well, i have just tried it now for a couple of times. It’s much more balanced now, stealing the ball and blocking the shot feels more accurate. before the update it felt very random and hard. Same goes with throwing and scoring. Now we have a indicator that shows when to release the button. That may sound that difficulty of the game have been put very low, but that’s not the case.

Online feels solid and i had no problems with it. Finding an opponent took about 1min for me and i personally didn’t have lag...

Still i feel that much more could have done. But in the end the game ain’t bad though... Need to but more time into it.

5. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

I agree with Fintendo, that what they've done works and there are no problems with the modes once they get going.

I also agree that more could have been done, but now that they've solved the big stuff hopefully we'll get "more" in another patch or two. They really need to shrink the loading times, and the notification sound for choosing something in the menu needs to be fixed for starters.

BD82 likes this.
  6. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

Did they reduce the file size of the actual game, they said they would do that

7. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

No, I don't think Nintendo support size reduction at this point. It's like 9GB with the patch.

8. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

NBA Playgrounds is pretty good imo. But the loading times are really long, and they really need to reduce the file size. The game's almost as big as Zelda, which it clearly isn't. 9 GB is way too much, especially with the tiny 25 we get for the Switch.

9. Jawessome

Jawessome Active Member

Well I must say I haven't seen a company go above and beyond to directly address player issues as I have seen with Saber Interactive. They deserve kudos for bringing in the option of a timing meter which has made this game fun to play for me again.

If you love, Jam - this one is a no brainer thanks to the update.

Fintendo likes this.
  10. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

NBA Jam was the only basketball game I ever played and I loved it. As for the mainstream NBA games? They don't get much love over here in Ireland lol. If this is a lot like jam though, I might be sold

Fintendo likes this.