1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Smartphone

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by SONY, Apr 9, 2019.

?

You like?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  3. Maybe (please discuss)

20.0%
  1. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I found this on Google images, lol :p
    Concept fan art only, but it would be cool if it became true and was able to play Nintendo Switch games (digital download only though, from eShop of course)...Oh well, Nintendo would never make one, but a person can dream, I guess :)

Some of my preferred specs below for this slider smartphone :D

Body

Gaming control form factor: Angle Slider mechanism (similar to Sony Xperia Play, only it slides upwards, slightly)

Dimensions: Unknown

Weight: 500 g (17.637 oz)

Build: Front/back glass & aluminium frame

Screen

Screen size: 7 inch OLED screen (130.7cm) with 98% screen-to-body ratio

Screen resolution: 1080 x 2244 pixels with an 18.7:9 ratio (346 ppi density)

Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (latest version)

HDR10

Memory

Storage: 1TB internal with up to 2TB expandable via microSDXC card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SONY

SONY Senior Member

8GB RAM

3. SONY

SONY Senior Member

• Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery

• Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS games compatibility playable with entire Nintendo made games downloadable via eShop

• Bottom screen specs unkown

4. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

I Would Not.

5. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

No interest in a Nintendo Phone on my end. Apple and Google have the best handsets and mobile operating systems on the market. I have zero faith in Ninty being able to compete with them. Even Sony wasn’t able to pull it off with their previous attempt. I’ll just stick to iPhones. I buy a new one like every 5 years or so. I’m still using my legacy iPhone 6 Plus 64GB I bought brand new in 2014. Works like a charm to this very day and is even fully up to date with OTA system software updates and apps wise. :)

6. SONY

SONY Senior Member

I'm just tired of always having 5 to 6 devices in my backpack :(

#WeighingMeDown

7. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

If Nintendo's horrible Android games are anything to go by, I wouldn't want a Nintendo phone. Well maybe if it could play 3DS/DS games but I highly doubt they would create such a thing.

SONY likes this.
  8. SONY

SONY Senior Member

Yeah, the ability to play DS and, or 3DS games would be fucking awesome, it already has dual screens. Btw, technically, if it used the Android OS...you could rip all your DS game carts onto a microSD card and play them via DraStic. Citra is still a long way away on Android, but that's also possible :D

Zodasaur likes this.
  9. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

That sounds like a pretty sweet DS Android emulator. I'll have to try it out sometime just to have some really solid games on my phone.

SONY likes this.
  10. SONY

SONY Senior Member

When I get home, I'll show you my setup.