1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Topic The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by salv-ice, Nov 12, 2017.

1. salv-ice

salv-ice Well-Known Member

Hi there,

As The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim releases next week I think it's time for a discussion topic :D

Being a big fan of The Elder Scrolls series since I first played Morrowind on the original XBox, it will be a day-one purchase for me ! Having an Elder Scrolls game on a handheld is like a dream come true.

I already have Skyrim on my PC for some time now but only put a dozen hours into it... I really love that game but playing on a PC is not really my cup of tea as I already spend my work days sitting in front of a computer. Having this on the Switch will allow me to play it a lot more ! I think I will sunk all my free time into this game for the next months :p

Really waiting for the release day and getting it physical as always !!

JimmyEcho and Fintendo like this.
  2. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

don't think i'll be getting it at launch but definitely will pick it up early next year.

Fintendo likes this.
  3. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I'm honestly torn whether to get this or L.A. Noire. There's only a fiver difference in price. Probably L.A. noire though, as I preordered Xenoblade 2 and im still playing Zelda. Piling Skyrim on top would be overkill! Maybe someone will be nice enough to get it to me for xmas though.

I agree though that handheld Skyrim will be the absolute tits.

4. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

I’ve preordered it. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

5. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

Charlie has our review copy. Review should be up before release. We are embargoed until then unfortunately...

I'm hoping it's solid; DOOM is decent enough and has sacrifices I'd accept in order to run on the Switch. If it's anything like that I'll be happy! Well, if I had more time...

warrior30 and Renegade Bastard like this.
  6. salv-ice

From what I've seen on Youtube, it seems on par with the XBox360/PS3 versions if not better. This is absolutely fine for handheld Skyrim :)

7. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Can this Charlie at least confirm that it runs good with minimal bugs and frame drops?

8. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

I hope Skyrim runs and plays great on Switch and also sells very well! I want Bethesda to have full confidence and faith in the Switch so we can also receive a port of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas to Switch! :D

I plan on buying Skyrim for Switch! Probably not a day one purchase, but sometime this year or early next year.

warrior30 likes this.
  9. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I preordered it this morning because I'm an idiot with no self control

10. Still coming in terms with reality that you're soon going to be able to take Skyrim on the go.
    No human gamer that has a Nintendo switch and Skyrim will ever be bored ever again on the go period.

11. Legend says you have to buy Skyrim at least 5 times before Elder Scrolls 6 appears.

12. I've actually seen people that had Impressions on Skyrim that got to play the switch version and they say it's fantastic and yes it is the remastered version and the crazier thing is that it actually loads faster then the Xbox One and PS4 versions which is insanity.

13. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

Noice! Makes me that much more excited to get my hands on the game!

14. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

I'm getting doom and Skyrim for Christmas

Murphy and Renegade Bastard like this.
  15. Charlie Large

Charlie Large Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

Hey All,

Sorry I couldn't confirm anything sooner - embargoes and all that!

But it's great!

It isn't the Remastered version as someone mentioned above, it's a better looking port of the last-gen versions.

The game performs well, best version I've played of Skyrim!

Full review here;

http://switchplayer.net/2017/11/16/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review/

16. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Sweet! I think I'll wait to see if I can get it on sale later on. Good to know thay it's all that it should be and more!

17. salv-ice

Got the game yesterday and played about an hour. It really is a very good port and the game is totally playable on the Switch screen !
    The only problem I found is that some texts in the menu are too small. A part from that small issue it's as perfect as an Elder Scrolls game can be ! Skyrim portable is now a thing :D

I think my Switch will not see any other cartridge than this one for the coming months !!

On the European version, only the English audio is present on the cart and you have to download a 3GB free DLC to have audio in another language (the subtitles, menus and all the text is included in the cart in all the available languages tough)

Murphy likes this.
  18. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

Good to hear it's a great game, will be getting it sometime in the new year

19. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Got it as well, couple hours in. Looks great all around, ability to remap all controls is nice and it plays great. Like others, text can be a little small in handheld but its good ol' Skyrim and will be great for anyone who hasn't played it before.

Murphy likes this.
  20. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

I had it pre ordered but very hadn't even dispatched the item by release day even though I ordered it on Monday. I then cancelled it out of spite. I'll get it probably next weekend