1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

Troll and I

Discussion in 'Switch Games' started by JimmyEcho, Aug 16, 2017.

1. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

Played this game for perhaps an hour?
    Just a warning, this game is broken as all hell. really.
    audio desync, choppy cutscenes, out of sync QTEs? 10FPS??
    maybe watch some footage of this but please god do not buy this game in it's current state
    it's not a matter of preference, the game is genuinely unfinished.
    how this got a release on every big market platform I do not know.

2. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

BlueMaxima agrees with you.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  3. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

I’ve ordered the game, even though i’ve read some early reviews. I did think that it’ll be not that bad, a indie title with few bugs... the game mecanism looks interesting etc etc... but now i have some major regrets and i’ve not even tried the game...:(

JimmyEcho likes this.
  4. JimmyEcho

yea i watched this video after playing it myself, and the worse thing was this video actually seems like the game runs at close to 30fps... that was not the case for me :(

5. JimmyEcho

oh mate yea, absolutely pants.. how it got a release across all platforms i'll never know
    the only hopefully redeeming features is that it understandably tanks being a broken piece of shit - they don't print anymore physical copies due to no funds except the original batch - and in years to come it's as rare to a collector as Stadium Events for NES and I can sell it to buy my daughter a house.
    fingers crossed

Fintendo and Blu Cry like this.
  6. Fintendo

Maybe the game is just a TROLL and everyone who fell to it can miserably laugh coz ”I” in the title means the player, not the main character...

BA DUM TSSS

thank you, thank you, i’ll be here whole night, what a great audience you are!

Ayumi97, Blu Cry and TriOpticon like this.
  7. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

GET OFF THE STAGE! BOOO *throws tomato*

The idea of this game got me interested but after seeing the poor reviews, I'm glad I held off until I saw them. I hope it's fixable as a lot of people were interested in the game but will not touch it now because of the bugs. Only have to look at NBA playgrounds. I nearly bought it like many others until I heard about the patch issues.

Fintendo likes this.
  8. JimmyEcho

UPDATE:

saw this tweet and this has actually fix the horrendous FPS that I was seeing. Runs fairly smoothly now thanks to a simple fix. I'm going to press on a bit in the game to see if more issues arise though.
    does anyone know something like resetting your console makes a game go from completely unplayable to only moderately unplayable? is it a flaw of the games or the console itself? very strange to me.

Blu Cry likes this.
  9. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

I heard about the memory leak excuse but a console reset would free up some memory so it could be valid. I guess until we hear it from other developers, maybe it's isolated to poor coding from the developer or unity engine doesn't play that nice with the switch yet.
    All I know is that an ounce of testing would have been a no brainer to stall release until the game was playable. They felt pressured to cash in while the switch is hot and instead gave themselves a bad name.

JimmyEcho likes this.
  10. BD82

BD82 Well-Known Member

Troll and I? More like I would rather save my money for Knack 2. But in all seriousness, haven't heard many good things about the game...

JimmyEcho likes this.
  11. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

@Charlie Large has the pleasure of covering this for us and he says it's absolute dog shit.

12. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

If there is a memory leak, resetting it may fix it temporarily but the memory will start leaking (being consumed and not being released for other things to use it) again. Unless it was a leak during install or first setup?

13. JimmyEcho

[​IMG]

I can't keep doing this..

14. Charlie Large

Charlie Large Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

Yep, the review is going live in a few hours. Definitely the worst game I've played in recent memory...

Blu Cry and JimmyEcho like this.
  15. JimmyEcho

I reiterate, absolute toilet!

Blu Cry likes this.
  16. Fintendo

Tried today... god damn awful! :eek: