1. Hello Guest, welcome to our little Switch Forum! Our intention here is to create the best Nintendo Switch community on the internet, as well as keeping you informed with the latest developments. Registration is FREE, so get yourself logged in and join us!
    Dismiss Notice

What micro SD card are you using?

Discussion in 'Switch General Discussion' started by warrior30, Mar 26, 2017.

1. warrior30

warrior30 Well-Known Member

I need to get one because I plan to buy a lot of indie games on my switch off the eShop, currently just have fast RMX on the provided system memory, so just need recommendations, thank you. I'm thinking 128gb would be fine, but maybe 200gb or more?

2. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy

Right now the sum of all the games out would fit on a 64GB card if bought digital, but if you're looking for long term go big.

I've only been using an 8GB card to transfer screens myself. :p

3. Blu Cry

Blu Cry Well-Known Member

I'm using a 64gb I got for my nvidia shield tablet. I don't have any digital games apart from the splatoon 2 test fire but if my Vita is to go by, 64gb will not be enough for long.
    Might go for a 200gb 1 day if I find I struggle for space but depends on the price

4. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

5. warrior30

Thanks guys, I think I'll pick up a Samsung 128 soon

6. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Senior Member

As I plan on mostly buying physical games for my Switch, I'm going to wait on purchase of a Micro SD memory card until my system storage memory is down to only a couple jibs of available free space. I'm thinking I'll only go with a 64GB card and that should more than suffice for me. I'm running a 64GB card on my Vita and I still have 24GB available space after installation, patches, and DLC for nearly 110 physical games as well as almost 30 Digital PS One, PSP, and PS Vita games installed on my handheld. :)

@warrior30 did you decide to pick up the 128GB memory card after all?

7. warrior30

No not yet I think I'll go for it soon though

8. Renegade Bastard

Fair enough! Whatever memory card you decide to go with afterall, just post back and let us know once you buy it and how well it works out for you. :)

warrior30 likes this.
  9. warrior30

Will do, gonna Need the space soon, so many games I want

10. keresmatic

keresmatic Member

I've got a 200 gb Sandisk. Paid about $60 for it. So far so good.

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  11. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

12. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Active Member

Rocking a 128gb SanDisk. No issues so far. Got it for around $40 USD a month or so ago.

13. JimmyEcho

JimmyEcho Well-Known Member

128GB SanDisk and haven't purchased a single digital game yet..

DeathMoJo likes this.
  14. Fintendo

Fintendo Well-Known Member

I have Samsung EVO+ 256gb, got it new and it cost then in sale 165€.

I have 10 games on it + update data from physical games and save data. Space avaible still 219gb.

I bought the bigger one coz i thought it would be a real pain to try to figure out which game's on which sdcard after my game collection gets a little bigger.

15. Renegade Bastard

I’m currently watching the price on that very same SD card! Once it’s less than $100 USD, I might buy it.

16. Anderson2017

Anderson2017 Member

I'm exactly the same

JimmyEcho likes this.
  17. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

None yet. And don't think I'll need to for a good while

18. JohnSReid

JohnSReid Moderator Staff Member

5GB free. I need to sort myself out soon. Especially for Doom!

19. Zodasaur

Zodasaur Well-Known Member

32GB Patriot Class 10. I got two of them for free as a bonus from Newegg.com when I purchased the 32GB of DDR3 in my PC. The other one is in my Mario and Luigi L.E. 3DS-XL.

20. Joecool

Joecool Well-Known Member

I have a lot of 32GB cards, but I might shell out for a 256GB considering how some games still need memory space despite being physical releases. (I'm looking at you LA Noire!)