Sumo Digital have finally put out the patch we’ve all been waiting for, taking Snake Pass on Switch to a whole new level of appeal.
Before we get into the plethora of fixes that Snake Pass has been treated to via this patch, I think it’s important to take a look at the big feature added with this update; Time Trials (and the leaderboards to go with them). While the improvements to what we had are certainly welcome, new content will always be the prime reason people return to a title – and Sumo Digital are packing some very enticing content into this patch.
So without further adieu, here’s a look at the brand new Time Trial mode.
It looks good right? Well the news gets even better, as the Switch version of the game has seen a host of new improvements with this version 1.2.0 patch – not the least of which is the performance boost we’ve all been hoping for.
A lot has been done though, so in the interest of scratching your itch for knowledge here are the Switch-specific notes first, followed by a list of improvements across all consoles.
- TIME TRIAL AND LEADERBOARDS: Time Trial mode is now available for Nintendo Switch players. Battle it out against friends to see who can make it to the top of the leader boards with the quickest time
- TAIL GRAB: fixed a bug where Tail Grab was unreliable
- TIME TRIAL: fixed a TT exploit where players could get a time of zero
- TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial where some players could not complete the level
- TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial that prevented the timer from not displaying correctly
- LEVEL 11: fixed an issue where the ball would activate incorrectly for some players
- QUETZALCOATL ACHIEVEMENT: fixed an issue with Quetzalcoatl not triggering correctly for some players. If players have previously reached the requirements, playing a level without dying again should trigger the achievement.
- FLOOR IS MOLTEN ROCK ACHIEVEMENT: The Floor Is Molten Rock achievement now triggers correctly
- CAMERA: fixed an issue where the camera did not move as fast as intended
- LEVEL 9: fixed an issue where the camera would not move for some players making the level unplayable
- TAIL GRAB: fixed an issue where Noodle would move faster than intended while Doodle was holding his tail
- GAME ICONS: all platforms have updated game icons
- GENERAL FIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
Sumo Digital have certainly been looking to improve Snake Pass on all platforms, but with the Switch version being the worst performing we were obviously the most in need.
So how about it, are you going to give it another go with version 1.2.0? 😛