2Awesome Studios revealed today on Twitter that their dual screen shmup Dimension Drive will be releasing on Nintendo Switch on December 7th with a price of €12.99/$12.99.
#DimensionDrive launches on #NintendoSwitch and #Steam on December 7th Dual screen #shmup by ex-space engineers! Go #Nindies ! New glorious trailer here:https://t.co/0K9AH6P7lG pic.twitter.com/gmreB0hr5a
— 2Awesome Studio (@2AwesomeStudio) November 23, 2017
Paul and I managed to get some hands on time with this at EGX, and can say that this game was fantastic!
Here is what Paul had to say about the game;
“Have you played Velocity2X? If you could imagine a cross between R-Type and Futurlab’s incredible shooter then you probably wouldn’t be far off 2Awesome’s Dimension Drive. The game is a split screen vertical shoot-’em-up with a difference, two battlefields are in play simultaneously and you’ll need to alternate between both to attack enemies and avoid obstacles. You can teleport between the two but you’ll have to plan your moves wisely! There is also a catch in that your energy will only recharge for one half of the battlefield whilst you aren’t on it, and you need that to shoot…
With online leaderboard support and an advanced scoring system, a plethora of different levels and local co-op for even more explosive carnage, the is definitely one for shooter fans to keep an eye on, and that vibrant art is more than likely to catch your eye.”
The 2Awesome Studio’s website tells us that Dimension Drive will feature the following;
- A New Type of Shoot’Em Up: Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield vertical Shoot’Em Up with a focus on smart, quick teleporting.
- Unlock several weapons by finding secret data cubes in the levels and improve your arsenal for the ultimate fight. Choose the best weapon for each level.
- Rich Sci-fi Adventure: Unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives and your past, teleport across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, and meet new races and allies!
- Clever mix of mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting and real-time puzzles will make you question what you know about shoot’em ups.
- 2 games on your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Hard, Extreme and Insane! Offer different challenges for different play styles. Play with shields in Normal, or go to the old-school route with one hit kills in Hard and Extreme. If you are up for the challenge try Insane! and try your luck at beating the game with one single hit.
- Mirror Dimension: Finished the 13 levels of the campaign? Play the Mirror Dimension levels. 13 extra levels in this New Game+ mode.
- Single player and local co-op: Play solo or enjoy our unique take on 2 player mode: total cooperative where both players share everything down to their lives, play as a team or die.
- Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
- Energy management: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
- Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
- Teleportation! (We said that already, didn’t we?)
A new trailer for the game has also been released, which you can view below;