Blood-soaked love letter to cult classics now on the eShop
Yesterday’s eShop update saw a huge number of titles added to the Switch’s library and one of those new titles is BUTCHER. Described as a “blood-soaked love letter” to cult classics, such as DOOM and Quake, BUTCHER sees you planning as a cyborg programmed to eradicate the remnants of humanity. With the sole purpose of destroying anything the is able to move, you’ll be equipped with a huge variety of weapons including chainsaws, shotguns and grenades launchers.
As you traverse varied environments such as underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities and ore you’ll find even more ways of bringing humanities’ existence to a swift end; my press release tells me that no death will ever be the same… To get a better idea have a look at the launch trailer!
Some of the core features of BUTCHER are:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Put your reflexes and patience to the ultimate test
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
What do you make of BUTCHER? Will it be making its way to your Switch? Check back on Switch Player for a review soon!